According to latest TRAI regulations, SMS sent by entities with informational Content are considered as Transactional SMS and are allowed to terminate on all mobile numbers, including DND enabled numbers. The service can be used 24 hrs a day. Some of the common usages of Transactional SMS in organizations are mentioned below,
Transactional SMS Usage:
- Messages sent to its customer(s) by the Bank or financial institution or insurance company or credit card company
- Information given by Airlines or Indian Railways or its authorized agencies to its passengers regarding travel schedules, ticket booking and reservation;
- SMS from a registered educational institution to parents or guardians regarding the progress of students;
- Shipping status sent by e-commerce agencies in response to ecommerce orders/payments made by their customers;
- Stock Tips sent by a company or a firm or depository participant to its clients for commodity, stock or spot market, provided they agree to receive the alerts.
- Information sent by a registered company to its employees or agents or to its customers pertaining to services or goods to be delivered to such customers;
Steps to Send Transactional SMS:
- Choose your preferred transactional sms Package & make Payment accordingly – Order Here
- Send us the Scan copy of DND undertaking Document with all details filled. Note that Sender ID and Templates are mandatory.
- Once the Account is activated, you shall start using the service instantly through our web interface or through your application using our HTTP SMS API
Related: Choosing Sender ID for Transactional SMS
Note: Promotional SMS are strictly prohibited in this route and attracts a fine of upto 1Lakh INR as per TRAI regulations. If you’re unaware of SMS Templates, you might need to check out Transactional SMS Template section for more details. See some examples of transactional SMS templates from this section to get a better idea.