As per recent update from TRAI, all SMS’s sent using Transactional Route should be sent from a Sender-ID rather than just a number. SMS Sender ID is the 6-Digit Alpha Name with which your outgoing transactional type of SMS will be sent. Sender ID is a fantastic way to remind your customer of your brand name, so you should take full advantage of it.
- It must be 6 characters long (Cannot be longer or shorter, mandated by TRAI.)
- It must be reflective of your brand name and/or trademark.
- No symbols are allowed
- It must be relevant to the content in the SMS.
- Do not choose commonly used English words or phrases like “SMSMSG” or “INVEST”
- Do not use other company names or brands like “AIRTEL” or “HDFCBK”
- Do not violate someone else’s trademark in any way
- Avoid using numbers, its not allowed. For ex: Avoid “SMS123”.
SMSHorizon reserves the right to reject your Sender-ID request if it finds it does not comply to these Dos and Don’ts. Having said that, we are here to make it easy for you send your SMS, so we will give you our reasons and suggest alternatives for a better one. Generally the transactional sender ID’s will be approved within 3-5 Business Hr, & promotional sender ID’s might take 6-12 working hrs.