Major Differences between Transactional & Promotional SMS:
- Sms to DND enabled numbers are allowed in Transactional Route; not allowed in Promotional.
- Transactional Route is active 24/7; Promotional route is active only between 9Am-9Pm.
- Transactional SMS are Template Based, Promotional sms are non-template based.
- Any Commercial advertising via transactional sms would lead to legal penalty; All promotions are allowed in Promotional Route only.
- DND Undertaking Documentation Required for Transactional Route; No documentation Required for Promotional Route
- Branded Sender ID available on all packages in transactional SMS Route; Branded Sender ID available only on 10,000 SMS or higher packages in promotional Route and for Limited time. By Default, Promotional sms goes through Numeric Sender ID. Eg: LM-267326
Promotional SMS Samples:
- Get Flat 10% Off on Hotel Booking, Same has been updated on the portal. Login now and start booking !
- Free EMI Processing Fee, Book your Apartment today for Just 1,00,000 INR and pay rest through easy installments. Contact XXXYYY
Transactional SMS Samples (Needs Approval):
- Dear Parent, Your Child/Ward attendance in the class is not upto the mark. Hence, you are requested to meet our Director #Variable# ASAP.
- Dear #Variable#, Thanks for your enquiry!! We keep in touch with you ASAP. Kindly check your Email ID for more information. Have a nice day. If it’s urgent call #Variable# or mail to #Variable#
- Dear #variable#, your payment for the month of #Variable# with amount #Variable# is pending.
Note: #Variable# mentioned above can be replaced as you wish.
So how to choose which route you need? – Its pretty simple, if you’re promoting something, choose Promotional Route; If you want to send some important alert or reminder sms, choose Transactional SMS Route.